TwitchTV Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the gamers and chatters of TwitchTV/JustinTV, along with other stream sites.. all united as one!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StealthKnight

StealthKnight

Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream Empty
PostSubject: Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream   Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm

For those who have performance problems with streaming, It most likely tends to be because of the CPU usage reaching 100%. When this happens, you can get lag, stuttering, freezing, or any other possible issues. You can take care of this in multiple ways.

The first way is the access the task manger by holding cntrl-alt-delete keys. Then go to the processes tab and right click on all processes you know you wont need and select end process. If you accidentally shut down something important or if your computer restarts, don't worry as everything will be on again. If you have a quad core or maybe a duel core, you can right click on the capture software process and the game process and select, change affinity. Give the game and the capture software half of your cores or at least two for the capture software at a minimum.

The second way that helps is to use Gamebooster from IObts.
Gamebooster The free version should be enough to reduce the cpu usage.

Back to top Go down
http://stealthknight.wordpress.com/
gb_onair

gb_onair

PostSubject: Re: Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream   Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks for the information StealthKnight! I have never heard of GameBooster but looks to be a useful utility. Going to download it tonight and give it a go. So, does it start and stop system services without a reboot?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
StealthKnight

StealthKnight

PostSubject: Re: Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream   Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

gb_onair wrote:
Thanks for the information StealthKnight! I have never heard of GameBooster but looks to be a useful utility. Going to download it tonight and give it a go. So, does it start and stop system services without a reboot?

Thanks!
yep. It can also turn them back on after your done too. I find it helpful for the high end games. Though to be fair I have the pro version I don't know if it holds back on what it can improve
Back to top Go down
http://stealthknight.wordpress.com/
AwesomeBrand

AwesomeBrand

PostSubject: Re: Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream   Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 pm

Haven't got the chance to use the actual gamebooster yet but it came with a program that fixes all the problems on your computer.
What do I say about this?
HOLY CRAP THERE WERE A LOT OF PROBLEMS
and they're all fixed! at least according to that program.
It's better than even the ones I was using Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream   Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream Empty

Back to top Go down

Ways to reduce your cpu usage to be able to stream
Page 1 of 1