TwitchTV Gamers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the gamers and chatters of TwitchTV/JustinTV, along with other stream sites.. all united as one!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Castlevaniathon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:47 pm

I have surpassed my 50 follower goal, so I will be holding a small Castlevania marathon as promised. I'm looking to start it up on Monday at 7 PM PST. Out of all the games on my list, the first Castlevania is the only one I consider myself good at.

Here are the games I will be playing, in order:

(NES)
-Castlevania
-Castlevania 2 Redacted -- this version makes the text scroll very quickly and speeds up the annoying day/night transitions; the core gameplay is the same
-Castlevania 3 Japanese version -- this one has better music

(SNES)
Super Castlevania 4 Japanese version -- this one has blood and tits

(Arcade)
Haunted Castle

(PC Engine)
Rondo of Blood

If I can manage to finish all of these without losing my mind, I'll do an encore of that highly questionable Dracula X game for SNES.

Last edited by Cthulhu on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AwesomeBrand

AwesomeBrand

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:52 am

You only consider yourself good at 1? That's funny, because out of the ones I've played that's the one I'm worst at. If only I was Bill Elliot! >:C

Also, I'm still disappoint by the lack of Bloodlines and Chronicles. I guess now that it's set in stone it's too late, but oh well, an honorable mention is an honorable mention... and they're better than Haunted Castle Kappa

Last edited by AwesomeBrand on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a paragraph)
Back to top Go down
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:40 am

AwesomeBrand wrote:
You only consider yourself good at 1? That's funny, because out of the ones I've played that's the one I'm worst at. If only I was Bill Elliot! >:C

Also, I'm still disappoint by the lack of Bloodlines and Chronicles. I guess now that it's set in stone it's too late, but oh well, an honorable mention is an honorable mention... and they're better than Haunted Castle Kappa

I'd consider PS1 games if I could hook up my PS2 controller to my computer, though at the moment that isn't an option. As for Bloodlines... well I just don't care about the Genesis Kappa
Back to top Go down
AwesomeBrand

AwesomeBrand

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Cthulhu wrote:
...I just don't care about the Genesis Kappa

Joke's on you, you're gonna need a Genesis emulator anyway to get Snatcher working Kappa
... Or was the discussion of playing that with someone else? scratch
Back to top Go down
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:52 pm

So, the Castlevaniathon has ended after about 8 hours or so. A quick recap:

CV1: Easy. Nobody started watching until half way through, but I managed to no-death it :luigijig

CV2: FUCK. THIS. GAME. I estimate I died almost 30 times, resulting in me getting drunk very early on. Bulleta really saved my ass with the password suggestion.

CV3: Had some deaths, but went smoothly enough.

CV4: Same as CV3.

Haunted Castle: Game sucks. Didn't finish. Nobody cared.

Rondo: Went ok, not too many deaths. Teabagged Shaft so hard that he vaporized.

Overall I had a lot of fun and got some new followers. I do apologize for the ear rape that started up during CV4. After listening to the archives, chat was right and in fact not trolling me. I believe I have the problem fixed now. Special thanks to Cornzone and Tehbone for that fantastic Youtube video which will one day be my intro Kappa
Back to top Go down
Ammuine

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Sorry I couldn't watch at all. I've been rather busy the past several days and haven't had the chance to watch anyone stream. Can we see the video that will be the intro? Kappa
Back to top Go down
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Ammuine wrote:
Sorry I couldn't watch at all. I've been rather busy the past several days and haven't had the chance to watch anyone stream. Can we see the video that will be the intro? Kappa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ranfkGCyxM Kappa
Back to top Go down
Ammuine

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:00 am

Oh, that. I've known about that since its inception Kappa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Castlevaniathon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Castlevaniathon   Castlevaniathon Empty

Back to top Go down

Castlevaniathon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TwitchTV Gamers United :: Streaming Addiction :: Event Bulletin-
Jump to: